Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z: One End Is Another Beginning

Z, the final letter in month of almost daily blogging, marks the end of the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  It's the end of a journey that I honestly didn't think I was going to finish.  I don't have a very good track record when it comes to following through on personal projects.  But I made it through, with only one little slip-up this last Saturday, when I instead posted on Sunday.  I'm proud of myself for making it all the way.

I've grown a lot through this challenge.  I tend to be a slow writer, yet as the month progressed, I found it easier and easier to crank out posts in a relatively short amount of time.  This blog has never had any significant readership or following.  In the past, I've wonder if anyone really reads my posts at all.  I greatly appreciate those of you who have stopped by during this challenge or who have left encouraging comments.  I struggle a bit with self-confidence and your small show of support means so much to me.

Throughout this challenge, I've been fascinated with the sheer diversity of bloggers who participated.  I didn't agree with all of you on any number of topics and some of you wrote about things I wasn't interested in, but it is amazing to me that a challenge like this could bring us all together and give us the opportunity to learn a little bit about each other.  I'm thankful I got the opportunity to participate.

Z might be the end of the alphabet, but it is also the beginning of many words.  So just as today marks the end of this challenge, it marks a new beginning for this blog.  I'm still considering what to rename it.  With the name change, I hope to change the look and add an about section.  There may end up being some organizational changes as well.  I also hope to continue posting on at least a weekly basis.  The hymn series I started this month on Fridays is only on stanza four of ten of LSB 724.  I will be moving this series to Sundays, beginning this week on May 4th.  And, of course, there will continue to be posts about baking, poetry, and grad school adventures!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on successfully finishing this challenge! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z", and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you as well! Thank you for stopping by Sylvia!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how much else we have in common, but I do like to bake!
    I'm visiting from the A to Z list. The blogs I'm involved with are team blogs. One of them was Poetry of the Netherworld.

    ReplyDelete