Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Makeup

I am not the stereotypical woman:  I hate clothes.  I hate shopping.  I hate makeup.  However, I wear makeup because I don't have perfect skin (I do break out and I am a picker), so I use makeup mainly to cover-up and even out my skin.  That being said, I still have not found a brand of makeup that I actually like.  One of the things that makes shopping for skin care products difficult for me is I have somewhat sensitive skin.  And makeup is not cheap.  A poor, soon-to-be grad student can't afford to spend a ton of money trying out different brands.  Plus, you know, there's the shopping around bit, standing in the aisle for what seems like an eternity, trying to figure out what looks like it's worth trying.  I don't even do anything fancy, just concealer, powder, and blush!

4 comments:

  1. I find that although very expensive CLARINS products are great on my skin. Have you tried masks made at home with natural products to clear and soothe your skin? Like cucumbers ? Sometimes natural remedies can be inexpensive and AMAZING , I am not a super girly girl but I do like make up..a fun mask I can hide behind! #a2zchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of CLARINS. I'll have to check out their products. I've experimented a little bit with homemade skin care ingredients, but never cucumbers. Thank you for the suggestions and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. i'm with you on makeup - don't like it, just wear it to be presentable (and i have an added curse of vitiligo...) i use cover girl because makeup aint cheap! been using it for years and i can get it anywhere!
    happy a to z-ing!

    ReplyDelete