Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Gleaners: A Revisit

Double post Sunday!  Or, I-never-got-around-to-editing-the-post-for-Thursday-so-I'll-give-you-two-today day!

Today's lectionary included a reading from the book a Ruth, a short Old Testament book that I think tends to get overlooked.  It's a great little book, telling the story of a widow from the land of Moab who, instead of remaining there, chooses to go with her mother-in-law to Bethlehem and trust in the God of Israel.  I find the story of Ruth fascinating.  I know that I do not always trust in God, as Ruth did, but thanks be to God that He remains faithful when I am not and has redeemed me, a lost and condemned person, through Christ!

Speaking of Ruth, I am reminded of a poem I wrote several years ago, which you can read here.  If you'd like to read more of Ruth's story, you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment