Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Thought on Community

Since leaving for college, I've learned a lot about what it means to live in community.  Community is not only important in the life of the Church, but also in life together with each other, whether it be with friends, family, or the people we live with.  The people in our communities are the ones who support us when we are struggling and who we can support in return.  It is our communities that make us feel that we are important, valued, and not alone in this world.  Some of my fondest memories are connected to some of the strong communities I've been apart of.

I have been struggling in a lot of ways since moving back home.  One of the things that has made the transition more difficult is that I'm still trying to find a sense of community.  I've grown a lot as an individual since graduating high school, and I no longer fit well into the communities of which I was once a part.  This isn't to say I'm not in a community, it's just taking me a while to settle into a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment