Sunday, October 2, 2022

A New Beginning

I've had this blog for quite a while now, and I've mostly just used it as a personal journal in a public sphere. Over the years, it's become an unorganized collection of thoughts, short church articles, brief pieces of fiction, and book reviews. I wrote a post several years ago indicating that I wanted to rename this blog (college was more than a few years ago!), but I never could figure out a fitting name. Part of that is I didn't really have a clear idea of what I wanted it to be and what content I wanted to focus on. Recently, I've gained clarity on the direction I want to take this blog.

My focus will be on on my health and personal finance journey. The new name: Half Steps.

The name is an homage to my music background. In music, the smallest difference between two notes (at least in Western music) is the half step. In both my financial journey and my health journey, I'm taking small, incremental steps to improving my life. I intend to document here the half steps (sometimes forward and sometimes backward) that I'm taking. I hope that my story will be of benefit to those who are also struggling with their health or those who are interested in financial education.

With this new purpose for my blog comes a new goal: I want to grow this blog beyond just me or the few family and friends who have on occasion read it. I know one of the important things with growing a presence in any sort of public space is consistency. I intend to post every other week on Sunday, starting with today!

Now I know some of you, my dear readers, may be thinking, "Great, you've renamed your blog, but your URL still says Lutheran in college." Yes, that's true. I am planning on moving to a new URL and adding social media accounts, but not right away. I'm taking some time to get those accounts set up and to make sure all the appropriate redirects happen with the new domain. And I would like to give the handful of people who do read my blog a chance to prepare for the move. Not that it's necessary. After all, isn't that what redirects are for?

- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment