Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thought of the Day

Perhaps it a product of no longer being inside academia, or perhaps it is a part of being a working adult, but it seems to me that critical thought becomes lacking unless one explicitly seeks to practice and hone the skill.  Or perhaps it is just something I have noticed in my own life and am projecting onto those I observe around me purely as a result of the season of life through which I am traversing.  At any rate, I recently moved away from where I had been living for six years in an effort to injection some life into the hunt for my first professional job after grad school.  Since this move, I have noticed an re-awakening in myself a desire to read and learn and engage my critical faculties.  It's a desire I'm now realizing I've lost touch with in the last couple of years.

That brings me to the point of this post.  I know I've said for years that I want to be more active and post more frequently on this blog.  Perhaps this time I actually will. I'm not going to commit to posting every day or x times a week.  I would just like to try posting more stream-of-conscientiousness type of posts with some regularity in order to get the cogwheels turning.  I suppose I am envisioning it as the written equivalent of the YouTube sit-down-and-chat style of vlog.  Or you could think of it as digital inscribed word vomit.  I think I like that description of it best.  Please enjoy more of my digital inscribed word vomit (DIWoVo) in the coming weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment