Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Evolution Debate

I watched the live debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham on February 4th, and it bothered me that Ken Ham tried to support the idea of a young earth with Scripture.  I am a six-day creationist, but I don't think that's the way to approach the discussion.  Using the Bible to try to debate an atheistic evolutionist, who doesn't adhere to the validity of Scripture, isn't going to convince anyone of anything; rather, it will give the said evolutionist fuel for his fire.  And any Christian who believes in evolution is likewise not going to be convinced by the repeated use of Scripture because they won't agree with how it is interpreted.  No, if we are to have a meaningful dialogue about creation and evolution, I think both sides need to stick to the scientific evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment