Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quiet

Today, I had intended to present to you, dear readers, a book brief on Quiet by Susan Cain; however, I failed.  I have no idea where this month went, but wherever it went, it took my ability to finish this book with it.

Even though I'm a couple of chapters away from finishing, I still highly recommend this book.  In it, Cain details scholarly research that suggests introverts may be biologically wired differently from extroverts. Through interviews she conducted and seminars she attended, Cain explores what it means to be an introvert in a world that is decidedly extroverted, and how society as a whole can benefit by embracing what its quieter members have to offer.  An introvert myself, her insights have helped me to better understand myself.  Introverts tend to be more sensitive to stimuli, less able to multitask, and better able to process information in solitude.  I'm looking forward to what insights the rest of the chapters hold.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about this book. I get the sense that extroverts need to read it more than us quiet types do.

    Happy A-Zing
    Laurel's Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, I think you're right: extroverts could also gain a lot of insight by reading this book. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete