Monday, November 11, 2013

An Autumn Afternoon

For the most part, the weather has been wonderful this fall.  It's been cool and comfortable, which has been perfect for sitting out on the deck and soaking up the warm sun.  I've taken the opportunity the last couple of weeks to read or type or just enjoy the fall landscape of the backyard.

Add a tasty smoothie into the mix, and it's hard to top such a relaxing autumn afternoon.  The recipe I've been using is my adaptation of this one. A few quick notes:  I haven't tried using molasses instead of brown sugar, but I think it would taste wonderful and I didn't have any flax seed on hand, otherwise I would have used that in place of the oats.

Cinnamon Spice Smoothie

1 banana, broken into chucks and frozen
1 c. milk (I guesstimate, so I probably end up
    with more than a cup)
1-2 ice cubes
1 rounded tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. rolled oats
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
a dash of nutmeg

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment