Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Poem from Before Christmas Break

If a whiteboard could speak,
what would it say?

I have held many secrets.
Shh, don't tell.

I have displayed many lists.
-        lists for work
-        lists for play
-        lists for tomorrow's tasks
-        lists for yesterday's missed opportunities
-        the list goes on

I have held the scrawlings of possible
solutions to many problems.
Some became THE answer.
Many others have failed.

I have been filled with hopes and dreams
of passions and desires
and things that will never be. . .
but then again. . .

In my arms I have held the thoughts and ideas of
the many.  They fade into my background and
become part of my history, a history written
but never again read.  Stories once told
but now forgotten.  If only the letters and
numbers and symbols once gracing my
surface could remain and be remembered.

Oh, the things a whiteboard would tell,
if only a whiteboard could speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment