Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lost

When will I break out of this shell? When will I be free? When will I be comfortable in my own skin? I want to break out; I'm on the verge, but I can't. Every time I get close, close to breaking forth, I clam up, shut down, keep the world around me out. It's so lonely in here, but it's safe, familiar. Why would I want to leave? I need to, this shell has nothing to offer me. If anything, it holds me back, prevents me from doing so much. One day, I will shine through, but until that day comes, what shall I do?

It hurts, and I feel lost. I'm stumbling through life, seemingly afraid of everything, of nothing.

There is one solution, and only one. Prayer. I forget sometimes Who my refuge is. There is no way I can get through this on my own.

1 comment:

  1. It would be at this junction that I would have to say this sounds a little familiar. I also hate to say that prayer only goes so far. Refuge and comfort within one's religion is just that; refuge and comfort. If you want to break this "shell" of yours (and hopefully I understand what you are saying) you just need to relax a little, like you do when you are hanging out with Mike and I.

    You've broken your shell before, all you have to do is step out of the pieces! And NEVER forget, you've got friends to help you all the way!! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete